Sunday, October 9, 2011

Childlike Faith

"At that time, the disciples came to Jesus, saying, 'Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?' And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, 'Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 18:1-4

I love being around kids, and one of the reasons that I love it so much is because of the example the way they live in reckless abandon.  I would love to live like that!  Little kids don't doubt love or grace or forgiveness.  Children believe that they will be loved and protected no matter what.  They don't hesitate or get worried because they're afraid of what other people will think, in fact, they don't care what other people think.  Unfortunately, as we grow up, all of that changes and somehow what others think becomes a huge issue.  We doubt the Lord's grace and love.  We forget that we are forgiven.  I don't want to live like that!  I want to live like a little kid, with a reckless faith.   I want to remember that I can be sure and certain of God's love, even in the times that I stumble and fall away from Him.

That being said, I got to hang out with my favorite 5 year old twins today!

Happy to be a kid, just playing outside

Just hanging out

Too cute!

Such a sweetheart!
And a few more pictures I took today, just because.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment