Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkins and Gourds!

First of all, did you know that a gourd is the result of crossing pumpkins with squash?  My friend and I went to a farm market today and were caught off guard by the huge variety in pumpkins and gourds.  Of course, you have your regular pumpkins and gourds that you see every fall, but then you have some that are crazy shapes and colors.  We were completely intrigued and had to do some research because we were curious about where all the colors and different shapes and weird features come from.  We didn't get far in our research...all we learned is that when you combine a pumpkin and a squash, you get a gourd.  Seeing all of the differences though made me think about how awesome the Lord is.  I was baffled by all the different things I was seeing as I wandered through the little farm store, and in awe of the Lord's creation.  I was also thinking about how as individuals, we are all different, but each and every one of us has a purpose, and we all have different gifts that God has given us.  All of that ties together in my head...not sure that it will to everyone else though.


So many colors and shapes and crazy things!
I thought this one was really cool!
That one in the center is so strange!  I think it's a pumpkin...
I thought this was a cute idea.

The strangest one I found.  I'm really curious as to why it formed like this.


I loved the way these two curved together!  Going back to how we are all created differently and have been given different gifts, our lives are still entwined together and we ultimately have the same purpose- to glorify the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment