Sunday, October 2, 2011

Getting Started

My goal in this blog is two-fold.  First of all, I want to challenge myself to see God in the little things on a daily basis.  It can be so easy to get caught up in the every day that we forget to look around us and see the beauty and wonder in all that God has created and done.  I don't want to look past that.  Even on the rough days, when the last thing I want to do is stop and take a picture, I want to challenge myself to see the Lord in the little things around me.  All that being said, my second goal is to share the things that I see with other people.  My hope is that the pictures I post will be a reminder and an encouragement to others that no matter what the situation, God is in control, and this world, despite the sin and corruption that is so prevalent throughout it, is a beautiful place that He created for us.  How can we take a walk outside and not see Him in the trees and flowers?  How can we look at a sunrise or a sunset and not stop to thank Him for the amazing and breath-taking array of colors painted across the sky?  How can we look at the night sky, scattered with stars, and not be in awe of Him?  Colossians 1:16-17 says, "For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities- all things were created through him and for him.  And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."  I want to strive to remember that Christ is in everything.    


I'm not entirely sure how this is all going to work, but I'm going to try to post at least one photo a day (a photo that I have taken myself on that day) that somehow shows the Lord.  Maybe that will be a picture of something from nature, maybe it won't be.  It could be a picture that shows the Lord in a way that wouldn't make much sense to anyone but me (and if that's the case, I will try to write an explanation as to how I see the Lord in it).  At some point in time, I may also add pictures that I've taken in the past, but the goal for the moment is to just get started.  So, I guess I'll post this then look through the pictures I took today to start my first photo post~

No comments:

Post a Comment