Friday, October 7, 2011

Thankfulness

At times I struggle with remembering that I do enjoy my job.  Most days, life at the cafe is good, but sometimes, like tonight for example, it's tough to get through the shift.  I'm learning more and more that I cannot get through on my own and that I have to rely on the Lord for strength and that I have to find my joy in Him.  I'm also learning what it looks like to be thankful for my job.  There are times when I definitely take it for granted, but I'm starting to realize that while being a waitress/bartender/hostess may not be the most glamorous of jobs, it gives me a lot of really cool opportunities to share my faith, sometimes with coworkers and sometimes with customers.  Despite the rough days, I'm thankful that I have a job, and I'm thankful for the friends that I have made through my job, and for the opportunity I have to be a light to those around me.


Oranges for fresh squeezed OJ



Bartending shifts are most definitely my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment