Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankfulness

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days.  I had a bad allergic reaction a couple days ago and haven't been feeling well, but I'm finally back to feeling 100%.

Both of these pictures are of parts of my bedroom and show things and people that are really important to me, and most of that is shown in the photos that are in the pictures.  First of all, they show my love for photography.  As stated in the movie The Lovely Bones, "I loved the way a photo could capture a moment...before it was gone."  Photos are visual representations of memories, and I absolutely love treasuring the special moments.  The first pictures has a photo of my three siblings and a photo of me with a friend, a friend whose friendship is very dear to me.  My Bible is also in the first picture, which is significant because my faith and my relationship with the Lord is so important to me.  The second picture has a lot of meaning as well.  The photos on my wall are pictures of people, places, and things that are near and dear to my heart.  Also, each of the stuffed animals on my bed and the Nemo pillow all have a special meaning to me.  The quilt on my bed was hand sewn for me by my great grandmother and is the last quilt that she was able to make before she died.  I actually got it in the mail the day after she died.  Being in my bedroom, surrounded by all of these things, reminds me that I am loved, and in that I am reminded to be thankful for all of the wonderful people that the Lord has blessed me by allowing me to know.    


No comments:

Post a Comment